University of Okara Intro:
Okara is the district of Punjab that became a separate district in 1982. Before that, it was the part of Sahiwal District. Okara City is the 23rd largest city in Pakistan located southwest of Lahore city, almost 100 KM away from the Ravi River. Mainly Okara city is famous for its agricultural-based economy. There are more than 32 colleges and Universities situated in Okara City. One of the most famous and held top in the index is the University of Okara. Before the inauguration of the University of Okara, back in 2005, the Okara Campus of the University of Education, Lahore was only the main source of high-level education. But on 23 Feb 2016 bill for the University of Okara got passed. And 1st April 2016 University Campus of Education attained the standard of independent University, named the University of Okara. The University of Okara is located on the highway to Lahore near Renala Khurd, Okara road, main Grand Trunk road (N-5), Okara. The University of Okara acquires around 205 Acres. The University of Okara has vast green grounds. The University of Okara is an HEC-recognized public institution so students of every category can avail themselves of superior standards of education. The University of Okara is one of the most dynamic & progressive institutions in that region. Okara is a rural area of Punjab that is surrounded by less developed areas & having fewer opportunities concerning employment, education, business, etc. The University of Okara has provided equal opportunities to lower, middle, and upper-class students. This university has opened new ways for students as well as for eligible individuals to add themselves to the faculty of this institution. There are 47 departments in this University. Around twenty thousand students are there in the University of Okara and almost 400 faculty / Staff members are serving this educational institution.
University of Okara Chancellor:
Professor Dr. Muhammad Wajid is the Vice-chancellor of the University of Okara. He earned a Ph.D. Zoology from Quaid e Azam University Islamabad. He further continued his post-doctoral training at Columbia University, New York in the year 2005 – 2007. He has served as Chairperson of the Department of Zoology, Director School of Applied Biology, and Director of ORIC, etc. He is one of the dedicated professors who have produced quality research work and achieved a Presidential Award (Izaaz-e- Fazilat).
The vice Chancellor of the University of Okara aimed at initiating the culture of the University into the center of Excellence. He aimed to train students to work in the fields to research and communicate and deal with problems and find solutions. He believed that there is a dire need for teachers to get themselves out of the nutshell of the syllabi and think beyond the limits. With the help of versatile thinking capabilities, teachers will be able to train students effectively. There is a need to enhance learning methods to produce highly qualified professionals by using advanced teaching methodologies.
Programs Offering at the University of Okara:
The University of Okara is offering a Bachelor of Sciences and Master of Science in a broad range of scientific disciplines including Computing, Management Science, Social Science, Life Sciences, Science, Education, Health Sciences, Environmental Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences.
Faculty of Computing:
The Faculty of Computing at the University of Okara was established in the year 2018. The University of Okara is aimed at providing academic and professional education in the field of computing. The Faculty is headed by Dr. Riaz ul Amin. This Faculty was instigated to compete with the 21st-century modern educational trends and research in computing technologies. The faculty of computing technologies at UO was initiated with the vision to produce computing professionals who can compete in the field of information technology and meet the challenges of emerging trends in information technology. Following are the departments of the faculty of computing are:
- Department of computer science
- Department of Software engineering
- Department of Data Science
- Department of information technology
Faculty of Management and Social Science:
- The faculty of management and social sciences is aimed at providing quality education and training in the field of management and social domains. The University of Okara is providing the study of a huge domain of management and social science to produce ingenuous, talented Graduates. Following are the departments that are working under this faculty are:
- Department of Commerce.
- Department of Islamic Studies
- Department of International Relations
- Department of Social and Cultural Studies
- School of Law
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Economics
- Department of Banking and Finance
- Centre for English Language and Learning
- Department of Social work
- Department of media and communications
- Department of fine arts
- Department of Urdu
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Library and Information Sciences
Faculty of Life Science:
- The largest faculty in the University of Okara is the Faculty of Life Science with two institutes of life sciences i.e. Institute of Pure and Applied Zoology and the School of Applied Biology. The faculty is anticipated at providing the study of a living organism and life processes. Life science is a faculty that revolves around the life of a cell, its components, and processes.
- Institute of pure and applied Zoology
- Department of Botany
- Department of Home Economics
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Department of Wildlife and Ecology
- Department of Geology
- Department of Genetics
- Computational Physics
Faculty of Education:
- A versatile and integrative field of study that deals with the study of classrooms, learning systems following in the classrooms, policies of the institutions, and practices of education. The University of Okara intended to produce professional, well-trained, and devoted teachers. Following are the functional departments of Education sciences at Okara University.
- Department of Teacher Education
- Department of Educational Research and Assessment
- Department of Education Planning and development
- Department of Early childhood Education
- Department of special education
- Centre of Skill Development
Faculty of Health Science:
- The multidisciplinary field of Science that involves the study of health-associated subjects i.e. nutrition, environmental sciences, and medicine. The university aimed to produce healthcare specialists who are responsible to prevent communities and people from inflammatory epidemics or disruptions. The University initiates steps to train students to deal with the mental health care of the patients as well. This discipline also includes the physical health of the students. An interdisciplinary field of study that deals with the study of sports activities.
- Department of Psychology
- Department of public health
- Department of Sports Sciences and Physical Education.
Faculty of Environmental and Agricultural Sciences:
- Environmental and Agricultural Sciences is also an interspersed and ingenuous field of study that covers multi disciplines of studies. A field of study that includes the integrated study of physics, biology, and geography in terms of the environment and providing solutions to the problems related to the environment. Practicing and understanding agriculture also falls under environmental and agricultural sciences. The University of Okara intended to turn students into professionals in agricultural and environmental sciences.
- Department of Environmental Sciences
- Department of Agricultural Sciences
- Department of Sustainability
Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself
University Of Okara Admissions 2022:
- Following are the guidelines to submit your applications for admission 2022 to the University of Okara.
To submit your applications for admission click on the given link:
Create an account by clicking above mentioned link using CNIC/ B-Form.
After registration, you will be able to log in/ Update/ Edit/ View your application forms for admission.
Make sure the eligibility criteria before applying to any discipline or degree.
Applying for the first application Rs. 325/-will be charged, whereas Rs. 100 per program will be charged onwards.
For M-Phil and Ph.D. programs, candidates are required to submit Rs. 525 for the entry test.
For quota applicants, separate applications are required to be submitted other than open merit.
Fee Challan will be available online for all kinds of applications.
Student copies of challan must be kept by the candidate after submitting fees, shortlisted candidates have to submit student copies to the concerned department.
You are required to provide a valid email address while applying online. Every detail regarding admissions will be provided via provided email id.
Applications in hard copies will not be accepted.
Note: commencement of classes, 1st November 2022.
For further admission details and queries:
Public Relations Officer
+92 334 4184134
+92 44 2622134
Visit the website for details: https://admissions.uo.edu.pk/login/fee_structure
University of Okara Ranking:
The University of Okara is the first Pakistani university that has been recognized by the Quacquarelli Symonds (QC) Asia Rankings 2022. The University of Okara has been ranked 610-650. By Scimago Institution Ranking overall ranking of UO is 719th. It has been ranked 409th in Research. The Scimago Institution Rankings, provide the 443rd rank to the university in innovation. The societal rank for the year 2022 of UO is 249th.
Career and Jobs:
Like other institutions, The University of Okara provides online visiting faculty via the web portal https://www.uo.edu.pk/jobs. Hiring procedures are as per provided standards according to the vacant positions.
Contact and Administrative Details:
For more queries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the website: https://www.uo.edu.pk/
Visit the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/okarauniversityofficial
Call at: +92 44 2704500
Chronicleinfo always comes up with interesting and informative blogs to helps its users. We hope you would have enjoyed this content and will continue reading our amazing and informative articles.